Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Liebster Award



I would like to thank Sarah and Andrew (Two Tickets For...) for the award.

As per the rules, I need to post 11 things about myself, answer the 11 questions from Sarah and Andrew, post 11 questions for my nominees and finally post a link to each of my nominees.  So here we go….

11 things about myself
  1. I love the Sherlock Holmes canon by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. My dream is to visit the Sherlock Holmes museum in London.
  2. I like trying out new authors. The joy of discovery is something I look forward to all the time.
  3. I am learning to be more appreciative of other’s thoughts and respect them more with each passing day. I strongly believe that the biggest room in the world is the one for self-improvement.
  4. I have tried my hand at cooking and the results have not been particularly delicious. They were edible though!
  5. I love Grizzly Bears and Mountain Gorillas. I like Nature in general and these 2 are my favorites.
  6. Some of the favorite places I have visited so far are the Yellowstone Park and the Columbus Zoo.
  7. I plan to start writing a book someday soon…
  8. I love watching well-made movies, especially in the Mystery/Suspense/Horror/Action genre.
  9. I am conscious about eating healthy foods and do my best to avoid junk.
  10. I love playing racing games (NFS!) and shooting games (Quake).
  11. During my childhood, I loved travelling in public transportation and even nurtured thoughts of becoming a bus driver!
Questions from Sarah and Andrew (2 Tickets for…)
1. What made you want to start blogging? – Blogging serves as an outlet for my written skills as well to express my thoughts on matters that interest me.
2. Who is the most influential person in your life? – My father
3. Which movie are you most looking forward to that comes out from here to the end of 2012? – The Hobbit
4. What hobby do you like to do besides blog? – Read Books
5. What is your favorite cult classic movie? – Glen Garry Glen Ross
6. If you could do something else with your life besides what you currently do, what would it be? – Blog Full time!
7. If time travel existed, what would you use it for? – Go back and correct some of the past mistakes.
8. If you could be any television or movie character in history, who would you be and why? – Sherlock Holmes for his intellect and powers of reasoning.
9. Boxers or briefs? - Briefs
10. If you could make one change to any movie, what would it be and why? – Sherlock Holmes (2009). Rewrite the character of Irene Adler to retain her canonical roots, as that would result in a much better Canonical movie.
11. Describe your perfect movie-going experience. – A Sherlock Holmes movie with characters that capture the spirit of the Canon, while offering a new mystery worthy of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s genius.

Here are my 11 questions for each of the nominees:
  1. What has been your greatest moment in life so far?
  2. Who (other than your parents) has been a source of inspiration for you?
  3. Are you an extrovert who loves partying and hanging out or more of an introverted person?
  4. Who is your favorite movie director and what is the latest movie of his/hers you have seen?
  5. What news channel/newspaper do you watch/read to get the latest news?
  6. Name some of your favorite hobbies
  7. Has becoming a blogger had any impact on your life so far? If yes, in what way(s)?
  8. Who is your favorite author(s)?
  9. If there was one thing you want to change about yourself, what would that be?
  10. Which actor would you cast to play Sherlock Holmes and why?
  11. Do you believe in the existence of aliens and UFOs?
Here is the list of my nominees:
  1. Tainted Archives
  2. Sherlock Holmes Society of St Charles
  3. Mildly Nerdy Ramblings Of A Loveable Freak
  4. The Blog of Delights
  5. Kathleen Kaska on Birds and Books
  6. Musings of an Introvert
  7. Flick Snitch
  8. Confessions of an INTJ
  9. Anglophile Delights
  10. Divers And Sundry
  11. Rev. Ron's Movie Reviews
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog by clicking here.

10 comments:

  1. How exciting, Buddy! I'll get busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are doing an excellent job with your blog and this award is my way of saying Thank You !

      Delete
  2. Great answers, B2B! Glen Garry Glen Ross is a movie that we've always meant to rent (back when we lived in Michigan and didn't have Netflix yet) or get from Netflix now. Also, Sarah's most definitely looking forward to The Hobbit as well (but isn't too happy that Jackson's turning it into a trilogy).

    Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Glen Garry Glen Ross. What an amazing movie!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the nomination B2B, I had no idea about the existence of such award. I am working on the answers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel honored. :) thx for the nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I'm getting to work on the answers right now!

    ReplyDelete